Asian Breakfast Fried Rice Bowl Recipe
Shrimp and Bacon Fried Rice Bowl with Garlic Sesame Sauce
A delicious and nutritious Asian breakfast of fried rice with bacon, eggs, shrimp, peas and carrots with Garlic Sesame Sauce and served in a bowl.
Ingredients: Serves 2
¼ C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
2 C. Rice, cooked
3 oz. Bay shrimp
4 oz. Bacon, ½” pieces
1 ea. Egg, scrambled
2 oz. Peas & carrots, frozen or fresh
2 Tbsp. Green onion chopped
3 Tbsp. Corn oil
- Slice bacon into ½” pieces and set aside.
- Rinse and drain frozen peas and carrots and bay shrimp if frozen.
- Chop green onions and set aside.
- Scramble egg in bowl.
- Heat a sauté pan at medium high heat, when hot add 1 Tbsp. of oil and slowly pour in scrambled egg. Let the egg bubble, and stir until done. Remove egg and cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat wok (or pan) at medium heat, when hot, add sliced bacon. Stir to separate and cook for 3-5 minutes until crispy.
- Remove and blot off excess oil.
- Heat a wok (or pan) at medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp. oil then cooked rice. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until piping hot.
- Add in peas and carrots and bay shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add Garlic Sesame Sauce, bacon and eggs and toss well.
- Add in 1 Tbsp. green onions, mix well, remove.
- Garnish with remaining 1 Tbsp. green onions and serve.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or
Back to Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes