Asian Gluten Free Tilapia Recipe
Tilapia Glazed with Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce
Tilapia lightly dusted with corn starch then sautéed with jalapeños and glaze with gluten free Hoisin sauce
Ingredients: - Single Serving
3 Tbsp. Classic Hoisin Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 128)
6 oz. Tilapia fillets (frozen or fresh)
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch, optional
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
¼ ea. Red or green jalapeño, sliced thin
1 stalk Green onions, bias cut 1”
1 Tbsp. Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
1 slice Lemon
- Lightly coat Tilapia with cornstarch and set aside. (The cornstarch adds texture to the Tilapia; however, it is optional. For preparing a large quantity, oil blanch Tilapia in deep fryer at 350F for 45 seconds, then finish on griddle).
- Heat a pan or griddle on medium high heat, add oil then Tilapia and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Turn Tilapia over and add in sliced lemon, red or green jalapeño and bias cut green onions.
- Remove sliced lemon when brown and continue to sauté about 3 minutes, or until Tilapia is done.
- Add Classic Hoisin Sauce to pan but not on top of the Tilapia, remove all ingredients when sauce is hot.
- Pour some Classic Hoisin Sauce on plate and top with Tilapia
- Garnish with chopped green onions and browned sliced lemon.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes