Gluten Free Jamaican Fusion Recipe
Jamaican Jerk Sauce Grilled Chicken with Plantains and Okras
Earthy Jerk flavored grilled chicken with plantains and okras with gluten free Jamaican Jerk Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2
1 C. Jamaican Jerk Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 125 )
2–8 oz. Chicken breasts, skin-on, boneless
2 Tbsp. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport356)
2 Tbsp. Water for marinate
1 each Plantains, bias cut ⅛”
4 oz. Okras, rounds, cut ½”
2 each Red jalapeños, cut into thin rings
1/2 C. Extra virgin olive oil (for marinate and cooking)
¼ C. White wine, optional
- Mix Marinade Seasoning with water and 2 Tbsp. oil and marinate for an hour.
- Mix 2 Tbsp. of olive oil with ¼ C. of Jamaican Jerk Sauce then baste chicken and let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Cut plantain in half, slit peel lengthwise, remove peel then slice into ⅛” slices. Deep fry or pan fry plantain in oil at 350°F until golden, remove and set aside.
- Trim ends of okras and cut in ½” rounds.
- Trim ends of jalapeños and cut to thin rings and remove seeds.
- Heat a grill on high heat, when hot, place chicken with skin side down on grill turn and baste about every 5 minutes with 1/4 C. Jamaican Jerk Sauce. Cook 20-25 minutes or until done. (160F internal temperature)
- Chicken may be pre-cooked in oven at 350 F until done and finish on grill.
- Meanwhile heat a sauté pan at medium heat. Add oil and sauté okras until softened about 3 minutes then add jalapeño.
- Add white wine, fried plantain and 1/4 C. Jamaican Jerk Sauce, mix well and remove.
- Portion vegetables on plate and dress each chicken breast with remaining 1/4 C. Jamaican Jerk Sauce before serving.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or
Back to Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes