Korean Fried Wings Gluten Free Recipe
Korean Chicken Wings with hot and sweet Gluten Free Hunan Sauce
Delicious party time Korean wings with spicy, garlicky and sweet gluten free Hunan Sauce and jalapeños, cilantro, green onions, garlic and ginger.
Ingredients: Serves 3
1.5 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212)
1.5 C. Sugar
2 lbs. Chicken Wings
2.5 C. Cornstarch
1 each Red jalapeño, sliced thin garnish
1 each Green jalapeño, sliced thin garnish
¼ C. Green onions, chopped garnish
¼ C. Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp. Ginger root, fresh, minced (optional)
¼ C. Rice or malt Vinegar
1.5 C. Water
- Toss and coat chicken wings with 1 C. cornstarch and set aside.
- Cornstarch/water solution: mix remaining 1.5 C. cornstarch with 1.5 C. of water in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix Wing Sauce with 1.5 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce, 1.5 C. sugar, ¼ C. vinegar, minced garlic and ginger and set aside. (See note below)
- When ordered, stir Wing Sauce well, portion 1 C. per order. Cook wing sauce in a skillet on medium heat and let it reduce until very sticky, 5-8 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Keep sauce warm until wings are fried and ready to serve.
- Stir Cornstarch/water solution well. Dip cornstarch-coated wing into solution quickly, one at a time, then carefully drop into fryer at 350º-370ºF. Fry wings for 5 minutes and remove. It is important to stir cornstarch-water solution thoroughly for each batch. (See note below)
- Wait for oil temperature to return to 370ºF, then re-fry wings to golden crisp, about 5 minutes. Re-frying or second frying ensures crispness.
- Place crisp fried wings in a large mixing bowl, then drizzle on Wing Sauce, tossing and coating wings.
- Garnish with jalapeños, green onions, and cilantro.
Serve and watch how fast they disappear.
- Wing Sauce may be pre-mixed and refrigerated, but not cooked until ordered. Be sure to stir well before using.
- Use about 1 C. of sauce per order.
- Wings may be refrigerated after the first frying and re-fried when ordered.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes