Gluten Free Korean Fried Chicken Recipe
Korean Food Truck Fried Chicken with Gluten Free Hunan Sauce
Crispy fried chicken nuggets coated with a spicy garlicky and sweet Hunan sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
Ingredients: Serves 4
1 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten free Starport 212 )
1 C. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
2 lbs. Chicken breast (or thigh), skinless, boneless 2” pieces, marinated with Marinade Seasoning
1.3 oz. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) 3 Tbsp.
Tbsp. Water for marinate
2 Tbsp. Oil for marinate
1.5 C. Cornstarch
1 Tbsp. Toasted sesame seeds
1 ea. Red jalapeño, sliced thin
1 stalk Green onions, garnish
1 Tbsp. Corn oil
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- Mix Marinade Seasoning with water and oil and let marinate for 30 minutes or more. Refrigerate if not use immediately.
- Coat marinated chicken pieces with cornstarch and set aside. Before deep frying, re-coat chicken with more corn starch.
- Heat a small pan on medium heat, add oil, then garlic and brown slightly.
- Add in Spicy Red Hunan Sauce, vinegar and sugar, stir and let it simmer, reduced and set aside. Sauce may be prepared in larger volume, covered and stored for later use.
- Divide chicken into 2 batches. Deep fry each batch at 350°F for about 3 minutes until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Just before order, re-fry chicken at 350°F until crispy and golden brown, toss with ¼ C. reduced Hunan Sauce per serving and plate.
- Garnish with red jalapeños, sesame seeds and green onions.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or
Back To Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes