Stir-fry Gluten Free Kung Pao Chicken Sauce Recipe
Kung Pao Chicken with Gluten Free General Kung Pao Sauce
Hot and spicy Kung Pao chicken stir fry with baby corns, water chestnuts, onions, bell peppers in a gluten free Kung Pao sauce and garnished with roasted peanuts.
Ingredients: For 1/2 Pan Foodservice portion
3 C. General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345)
2.0 lbs Chicken, diced ½”, boneless, skinless breast or thigh, marinated and velvetized
1.3 oz. Marinade Seasoning(Gluten Free Starport 356) 3 Tbsp.
6 Tbsp. Corn oil (3 Tbsp. for marinate)
3 Tbsp. Water for marinate
1 lb. Red or yellow onion, diced ¼”
.5 lbs. Red bell pepper diced ½”
1 lb. Water chestnuts diced
1 lb. Baby corn ½” long
.5 lb. Roasted peanuts, Chopped 1-1/4 C.
.5 lb. Green onions, chopped
3 Tbsp. Garlic Ginger Infusion (See Recipe)
- Mix Marinade Seasoning with 3 Tbsp. each of oil and water and marinate chicken for 30 minutes or longer.
- Cut vegetables and set aside.
- Oil blanch to velvetize chicken in deep fryer at 350°F for 60-80 seconds, un-clumping the chicken pieces with tongs. meat will NOT be fully cooked. Remove and drain.
- Heat a wok or griddle at high heat, when hot then add oil.
- Add onions, Garlic Ginger Infusion and velvetized chicken; do not stir for 30 seconds, to sear the onions and chicken and then add bell peppers, baby corn and water chestnuts stir-fry about 2 minutes.
- Add General Kung Pao Sauce and continue to stir-fry until steaming hot.
- Remove and garnish with peanuts and green onions.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or
Back To Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes