Asian Hunan Chicken Wing Appetizer Recipe
Spicy, Sticky and Sweet Wings with Gluten Free Spicy Red Hunan Sauce
Delicious spicy, tangy, sweet, sticky fried wings tossed with green and red jalapeños and spicy red Hunan sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 3
1.5 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212)
1 C. Sugar
2 lbs. Chicken Wings
2.5 C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354)
1 each Red jalapeño, sliced thin garnish
1 each Green jalapeño, sliced thin garnish
¼ C. Green onions, chopped garnish
¼ C. Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp. Ginger root, fresh, minced (optional)
¼ C. Rice or malt Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Corn oil
2.0 C. Water
- Wing Sauce: Heat a sauce pan on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp. oil then minced garlic and ginger, sauté 30 seconds, add in 1.5 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce, 1 C. sugar and ¼ C. vinegar stir until boil, reduce heat and simmer and continue to stir for 3-5 minutes to reduce sauce. Pour Wing Sauce into a container and cover for use.
- When ordered; stir Wing Sauce well, portion 1/2 C. per order. Reheat Sauce in a skillet then toss and coat hot fried crispy wings.
- Fry Wings: Coat chicken wings with 1 C. Crispy Seasoning Batter and set aside.
- Mix remaining 1.5 C. Crispy Seasoning Batter with 2 C. of water in a large bowl. Dip dried batter-coated wing into wet batter quickly, one at a time, then carefully drop into fryer at 350º-370ºF. Fry wings for 5 minutes and remove. It is important to stir wet batter thoroughly for each batch. (Wings may be refrigerated after the first frying and re-fried when ordered.)
- To obtain maximum crispness, wait for fryer oil temperature returns to 370ºF, and then re-fry wings another 3- 5 minutes to golden crisp.
- Place crisp fried wings in a large mixing bowl or in the sauce pan with reheated Wing Sauce, tossing and coating wings then add in garnishes: jalapeños, green onions, and cilantro.
- Serve and watch how fast they disappear.
Back to Asian and Fusion Recipes or Gluten Free Asian and Fusion Recipes