Almond Chicken Recipe
Popular Chinese dish stir fried chicken with wok stir fry sauce, topped with toasted almond
Almond Chicken with Wok Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
Traditional famous Chinese restaurant recipe of chicken stir fried with water chestnuts, baby corns, mushrooms, celery and red bell peppers in a wok stir fry sauce and topped with toasted almond.
Ingredients: Single Serving
¼ C. Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 128)
6 oz. Chicken, thigh or breast, boneless, skinless, marinated and velvetized (see below), sliced 1”x1”x¼ ”
2 Tbsp. Almonds, sliced, toasted
¼ C. Red bell pepper, sliced ¼”x1”
¼ C. Water chestnuts, sliced, canned
1 C. White mushrooms, quartered
½ C. Baby corn, cut ½”
¼ C. Celery, bias cut ¼”
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. Green onions, chopped
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce(Starport 209), Brown Stir fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322) and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217)Instructions:
1. Marinate and velvetize chicken (see below).
2. Rinse water chestnuts and baby corn, drain and set aside.
3. Heat a pan or wok at high heat, add oil then celery and sear for 30 seconds.
4. Add velvetized chicken and let chicken sear 45 seconds, then stir and sauté 1-2 minutes.
5. Add red bell peppers, mushrooms, water chestnuts and baby corn, stir-fry another minute.
6. Add Classic Wok Sauce and stir-fry until steaming hot, then add in 1 Tbsp. of almonds.
7. Remove and garnish with green onions and remaining almonds.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced, ground or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and mix in 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.