Beef and Asparagus Recipe
Stir fried beef and asparagus in black bean sauce
Beef and Asparagus with Black Bean and Garlic Sesame Sauce
An aromatic fermented black bean condiment stir fry beef and asparagus with garlic sesame sauce.
⅜ C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
1 Tbsp. Fermented black beans, dried
4 oz. Beef, sliced, marinated and velvetized
6 oz. Asparagus, bias cut 3”
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
¼ C. Very Dry Sherry
1. Marinate beef and velvetize as shown below. Set velvetized beef aside.
2. Rinse fermented black beans thoroughly to remove salt and pat dry. Crush the beans slightly with the back of a spoon.
3. Water blanch asparagus: place asparagus in boiling water for 10 seconds, remove, drain and set aside.
4. Heat pan on medium high heat, add oil, then fermented black beans and stir for 15 seconds.
5. Add velvetized beef and brown beef, about 30 seconds; add dry sherry, then Garlic Sesame Sauce and stir well.
6. Add water blanched asparagus, stir well and serve.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced, ground or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and mix in 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.