Korean Bibimbap Rice Recipe
Authentin Korean popular rice recipe- Gluten Free
Gluten Free Korean Bibimbap rice with Brown Sauce Recipe
A Korean blue plate special hearty rice dish with ground pork, zucchini, eggs, carrot, shiitake mushrooms and Brown Stir Fry Sauce.
Ingredients for Foodservice Serving (yields about 3.5 lbs.)
1 C. Brown Stir-fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214)
4 C. Calrose Rice cooked (approx. 24 oz.)
8 oz. Ground beef, chicken or pork, marinated (see below) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356)
4 oz. Onions, sliced
4 oz. Shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
4 oz. Carrots, julienned
4 oz. Zucchini, julienned
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
2 each Eggs, scrambled
1 Tbsp. Seaweed flakes for garnish (optional)
Condiment for rice:
1C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212) mixed with 1 Tbsp. Pure Roasted Sesame Seed Oil.
Drizzle over rice for extra zest. (Optional)
1. Cook rice per manufacturer instructions. Calrose Rice is medium grain (sushi rice is okay).
2. Heat pan and brown marinated ground meat until done. Drain off excess oil and set aside.
3. Heat pan at high heat, when hot, add oil and cook scrambled eggs, remove eggs when done, chop into small pieces and set aside.
4. Heat pan at high heat, when hot, add oil and onions. Sauté for about 10 seconds, then add in garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
5. Add carrots, zucchini and shiitake mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add in gluten free Brown Stir-fry Sauce, remove and toss well with scrambled eggs and cooked rice.
6. Garnish with seaweed flakes (like Furikake or Kizami) and chopped green onions (optional).
Marinate Ground Beef/Pork:
To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced, ground or cubed beef/pork, dissolve 0.4 lb. (1C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356), in 1¼ C. water then add 1 C. corn oil. Mix well and marinate meat for 30 minutes or more. May be bagged or covered in container and refrigerate over night.