Black Pepper Angus Beef Recipe
Peppery stir fried Angus beef steak with Classic Wok Sauce
Black Pepper steak stir fry Recipe
An amazing stir fry of Angus beef steak with black pepper, mushrooms, onions and celery in Classic Wok Stir Fry Sauce
Ingredients: Deli Serving Portion (8 single serving)
2 C. Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 250)
3 lbs. Angus Beef Steak, sliced, 1”x½”x½” marinated and velvetized. (See below)
2 oz. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) (1/3 C.)
1/3 C. Water for marinate
½ C. Corn Oil (save 2 Tbsp. for stir-frying)
1.5 lbs. Mushrooms, sliced
.75 lb. Onion, sliced
.75 lb. Red bell peppers, sliced
.5 lb. Celery, sliced
3 Tbsp. Black Pepper, coarse grind
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322) and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217).. For vegetarian version: Omit meat.
1. Slice and marinate beef with Marinade Seasoning see instructions below.
2. Cut and slice all vegetables and set aside.
3. Velvetize beef as shown below and set aside.
4. Heat wok at medium high heat, add oil, then sliced mushrooms and stir-fry about 2 minutes until mushrooms are softened.
5. Add onions and celery and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add red bell peppers, toss and mix well about 1 minute. Remove to a bowl.
6. Allow wok to re-heat, add velvetized beef and ground black pepper, stir-fry for 1 minute then add in Classic Wok Sauce.
7. Add all vegetables back in when sauce is steaming hot. Mix well, remove and serve.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.
Garlic and Ginger Infusion Mixture – Adds an extra authentic flavor and aroma to the dish
1. Mince and mix 2 parts of garlic with one part of ginger by weight.
2. Place mixture in a pot and add enough vegetable oil to cover the garlic and ginger.
3. Heat mixture at low heat until boil for about three minutes, place in a close container and refrigerate when cool.
4. Keep unused portion refrigerated, make fresh batch once a week.