Bombay Curry Chicken Recipe
Spicy and smooth curried chicken recipe with coconut curry
Bombay Curry Chicken Gluten Free Recipe
An Asian Indian spicy smooth coconut curry with chicken, celery, onions, carrots, potatoes and beans.
1½ C. Coconut Curry Sauce (Gluten free Starport 123)
½ C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212)
2 lbs. Chicken, thigh or breast, 1" chunks marinated and velvetized (see below),
6 oz. Celery, roll-cut 1”
6 oz. Onions, cut 1”
8 oz. Carrots, roll-cut 1”
1 lb. Potatoes, roll-cut 1”
10 oz. Kidney beans, canned, drained
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1. Marinate and velvetize chicken (see below).
2. Deep fry potatoes and carrots at 370°F for 4-5 minutes until softened.
3. Drain canned kidney beans and set aside.
4. Heat pan or wok on high heat then add oil, celery and onions. Let sear about 30 seconds.
5. Add in velvetized chicken and sauté until done about 2 minutes.
6. Add in kidney beans, Coconut Curry Sauce and Spicy Red Hunan Sauce.
7. Stir until steaming hot and remove.
8. Garnish with green onions and red or green jalapenos.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced, ground or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and mix in 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.