Char Shu BBQ Pork Recipe
A traditional Chinese deli BBQ pork recipe
Char Shu Chinese BBQ Pork Recipe
Chinese BBQ pork Char Shu may be servedv a an appetizer or as a meal with fried rice and side vegetables.
2 C. Classic Hoisin Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 128)
½ C. XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217)
1 C. Ketchup
5 lbs. Pork butt boneless, 2x1x10 strips
½ C. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356)
½ C. Water for marinate
½ C. Oil for marinate
½ C. Honey
1. Make Char Shu Sauce by mixing Classic Hoisin Sauce, XOX Sweet Teriyaki and ketchup in a container and set aside.
2. Thoroughly dissolve ½ C. Marinade Seasoning in ½ C. water and mix with ½ C. oil then marinate pork for at least an hour or more.
3. Remove pork from marinade and drain off excess marinade.
4. Use ½ C. per pound of Char Shu Sauce and marinate pork overnight.
5. Place marinated pork on a wire rack or rotisserie.
6. Pre-heat oven to 475F, then place pork in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
7. Remove pork and glaze pork with honey then return to oven or rotisserie.
8. Roast another 8-10 minutes until glazed.