Moo Goo Gai Pan Recipe
Chinese Stir fried chicken with mushrooms
and Asian vegetables recipe
Moo Goo Gai Pan– Chicken and Mushrooms
Gluten Free Recipe
A Chinese restaurant banquet recipe of chicken stir fried with strew mushrooms, button mushrooms, water chestnuts, red bell peppers and in a gluten free brown stir sauce.
3 C. Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 209)
2.5 lbs. Chicken, thigh or breast, boneless, skinless, marinated and velvetized (see below), sliced 1x1x⅛”
1 lb. Straw mushrooms, canned, drained
1 lb. White (button) mushrooms, cut ¼”
0.5 lb. Celery, bias cut ¼”
.75 lb. Red bell pepper, sliced ¼”
0.5 lb. Water chestnuts sliced, canned
2 Tbsp. Garlic-ginger infusion (see below)
¼ C. Corn oil
0.1 lb. Green onions, chopped.
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 250), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322) and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217)
1. Marinate and velvetize chicken (see below).
2. Blanch mushrooms and water chestnuts in boiling water for about 1 minute, drain well, and set aside.
3. Oil blanch red bell pepper in fryer at 350°F for 30 seconds, remove and drain.
4. Heat wok (or griddle) at high heat, when hot, add oil then celery and sear celery for about 40 seconds.
5. Add velvetized chicken and garlic/ginger and let chicken sear 30 seconds before stirring.
6. Add red bell peppers, mushrooms and water chestnuts and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add Brown Stir Fry Saucestir-fry until steaming hot, remove and garnish with green onions.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced, ground or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and mix in 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.
Garlic and Ginger Infusion Mixture
– Adds an extra authentic flavor and aroma to the dish
1. Mince and mix 2 parts of garlic with one part of ginger by weight.
2. Place mixture in a pot and add enough vegetable oil to cover the garlic and ginger.
3. Heat mixture at low heat until boil for about three minutes, place in a close container and refrigerate when cool.
4. Keep unused portion refrigerated, make fresh batch once a week.