Hot and Spicy Crab Rangoon Recipe
Crab Rangoon seasoned with Asian hot and spicy seasoning
Hot and Spicy Crab Rangoon Fusion Recipe
A delightfull hot and spicy seasonesd cream cheese, crab meat wrapped in wonton skin and crispy fried appetizer.
½ C.   Hot and Spicy Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 209)
2 lb.   Cream Cheese
1 lb.   Imitation crabmeat or fresh cooked crab meat
¼ C.   Cilantro, minced
½ C.   Green onion, fine chopped
2 Tbsp. Water
2 lb.   Won ton wrappers, medium thickness. (approx. 45 wrappers/lb.)
Serving: 6 pieces with Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 215)
1. Wash green onions, cilantro, and pat dry.
2. Mince imitation crabmeat to about 1/8" pieces. (May also use cooked bay shrimp or canned minced clams).
3. Mix water and Hot and Spicy Seasoning and mix well with cream cheese. Fold in crabmeat, green onions and cilantro.
4. Crab Rangoon Folding: Moisten wrapper with water around filling. Form the wrapper to create four ‘petals’ of a flower, using the filling as the flower center and seal the moistened wrapper. The seal keeps the filling inside to prevent the cream cheese from leaking out, and the frying oil from getting in.
5. Place 1 Tbsp. of filling in the center of wrapper; hold the opposite corners with both index fingers on top of wrapper pointing toward the filling.
6. Pull the two corners up and toward the center with the index fingers still in the wrapper and the thumb and middle fingers underneath the wrapper and moving upwards while pressing the index finger gently downward. At the same time, move the thumb and middle fingers of each hand towards each other, meeting at the center, just above the filling. Gently pinch the wrapper and seal the wrapper. (See PDF recipe pictures in folding)
7. For immediate use, deep-fry Crab Rangoon at 350 F. 40-50 seconds until golden brown.
8. Crab Rangoon may be deep-fried 30 seconds at 320 F. and either refrigerated or frozen for later use.