Hoisin Tilapia Recipe
An easy, delicious, economical gluten free recipe.
Wok Seared Hoisin Tilapia Gluten Free Recipe
Wok seared white fish with delicious aromatic gluten free Hoisin Sauce.
- Single Serving
3 Tbsp. Classic Hoisin Sauce (Starport 128, Gluten Free)
6 oz. Tilapia fillets (frozen or fresh)
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch, optional
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 stalk Green onions, bias cut 1”
1 Tbsp. Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
1 slice Lemon
1. Lightly coat tilapia with cornstarch and set aside. (The cornstarch adds texture to the tilapia; however, it is optional. For large quantities, oil blanches tilapia in deep fryer at 350F for 45 seconds, then finish on griddle or wok).
2. Heat a wok or griddle on medium high heat; add oil then tilapia and sauté about 3 minutes. (For oil blanched tilapia, brown tilapia 30-40 second then add green onions and sauce.)
3. Turn tilapia over and add in sliced lemon and bias cut green onions.
4. Remove sliced lemon when brown and continue to sauté about 3 minutes, or until tilapia is done.
5. Add Classic Hoisin Sauce to pan but not on top of the tilapia, remove all ingredients when sauce is hot.
6. Pour some Classic Hoisin Sauce on plate and top with tilapia.
7. Garnish with chopped green onions and browned sliced lemon.