Korean Fried Chicken Recipe
Sweet and Spicy Korean Fried Chicken Recipe
Korean Fried Chicken Food Truck Recipe
A popular California food truck Korean Fried Chicken recipe with sweet, spicy and garlicky sauce.
Ingredients: Family Serving
1 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212)
1 C. Sugar
2 lbs. Chicken breast (or thigh), skinless, boneless 2” pieces, marinated with Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) (see below)
1.5 C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354)
1 Tbsp. Toasted sesame seeds
1 ea. Red jalapeño, sliced thin
2 stalk Green onions, garnish
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
1. Coat marinated chicken pieces with 1 C. Crispy Seasoning Batter and set aside. Before deep frying, sprinkle 3 Tbsp. of water evenly on coated chicken then add in remaining ½ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter to re-coat chicken and set aside.
2. Heat a small pan on medium heat, add oil, then garlic and brown slightly.
3. Add in Spicy Red Hunan Sauce, stir and mix well. Add in sugar, stir and let it simmer, reduce and set aside. Sauce may be prepared in larger volume, covered and stored for later use.
4 . Divide chicken into 2 batches. Deep fry each batch at 350°F for about 3 minutes until brown. Remove and set aside.
5. To serve, re-fry chicken at 350°F until crispy and golden brown, toss with ¼ C. reduced Hunan sauce and plate.
6. Garnish with red jalapeños, sesame seeds and green onions.
To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced chicken, dissolve 0.4 lb. (⅞ C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1¼ C. water then add 1 C. corn oil. Mix well and marinate chicken for 30 minutes or more.