Kung Pao Calamari Recipe
Spicy and hot calamari appetizer with Kung Pao sauce recipe.
Spicy and Hot Calamari with Kung Pao Sauce Recipe
Crisp fried calamari and tossed with hot and spicy gluten free Kung Pao Sauce
Ingredients: Family Serving
½ Tbsp. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356), (.25 oz.)
½ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354), ( 2.5 oz.)
6 oz. Calamari rings, frozen or fresh
¼ C. General Kung Pao Sauce* (Gluten Free Starport 345)
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil or butter
Garnish: Cilantro sprigs and green onions
1. Cut calamari into rings, clean, and drain dry.
2. Add Marinade Seasoning to calamari and marinate calamari about 30 minutes to ensure tenderness.
3. Coat calamari with Crispy Seasoning Batter evenly just before frying.
4. Deep fry calamari at 370°F for about one minute, stir to avoid clumping. Remove and wait for oil temperature to re-heat to 370°F and re-fry until golden crispy.
5. Heat a sauté pan, add oil (or butter) and General Kung Pao Sauce bring the sauce to boil at medium high heat, remove from heat.
6. Toss and coat fried calamari with sauce and serve.
7. Garnish with cilantro, green onions and lemon wedges.