Hot and Spicy Popcorn Chicken
Crispy Battered Mongolian Popcorn Chicken Recipe
Hot and Spicy Mongolian Popcorn Chicken Recipe
Crispy battered and fried tender chicken nugget and seasoned with Hot and Spicy Seasoning
Ingredients: Serves 2
2 Tbsp. Hot and Spicy Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 351)
½ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354) (2 oz.)
6 oz. Chicken breast, skinless, boneless, 1” piece (option: use pre-cooked nuggets)
3 Tbsp. Water ½ oz. Cilantro, chopped
½ oz. Garlic, crushed
1 oz. Green jalapenos, sliced thin
1. Marinate chicken with 1 Tbsp. of Hot and Spicy Seasoning. Cover and refrigerate about an hour.
2. Mix Crispy Seasoning Batter and water in a large bowl.
3. Dip chicken into batter and deep fry at 350°F for 3 minutes and remove.
4. When batch is done, let oil re-heat to 350°F, and re-fry chicken for 2-3 minutes until golden.
5. Before chicken is almost done re-frying, heat wok (or pan) on high heat. When hot, add oil, then jalapeños and garlic.
6. Immediately toss chicken into wok mix with crushed garlic and jalapeño and remove.
7. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. Hot and Spicy Seasoning and minced cilantro.