Pork Chow Mein Recipe
Popular Chinese dish stir ground pork and noodles
Pork Chow Mein with Brown Stir Fry Sauce
A delicious famous Chinese restaurant recipe of ground pork stir fried with cabbage and chewy Shanghai noodles in a brown stir sauce.
Ingredients: Family Serving Size
¾ C. Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214)
8 oz. Ground pork, marinated with Marinade Seasoning see below
1 lb. Cabbage, shredded (or bean sprouts)
1 lb. Shanghai style thick egg noodle, fresh
.5 oz. Green onion, chopped
¼ C. Oil
1 C. Very Dry Sherry or broth
(1 lb. fresh noodle yields about 2 lbs. when cooked).
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce(Starport 209), Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 250), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322) and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217)
1. Marinate pork (see below).
2. Cook noodles per manufacturer’s instructions (1 lb. fresh noodles yield about 2 lbs. in cooked weight).
3. Brown noodles on griddle with some oil, remove and set aside.
4. Heat griddle or wok, add oil then add marinated ground pork, sauté about 3 minutes. Spread out ground pork then add in shredded cabbage on top of pork.
5. Add in wine or broth, cover and let steam for 45 seconds.
6. Add pan-fried noodles, toss well and add Brown Stir Fry Sauce, remove when steaming hot. Garnish with green onions and serve.
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced, ground or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and mix in 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.