Korean Vegetarian Spicy Rice Ovalettes Recipe
Rice ovalettes stir fried with with vegetables
and spicy sauce
Korean Vegetarian Gluten Free Spicy Rice Ovalettes Recipe
Korean sweet rice sticky and chowy ovalettes stir fried with bell peppers, celery, shiitake mushrooms in a spicy Hunan sauce.
Ingredients: Single Serving
10 oz. Rice Ovalettes, cooked*
1/3 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212)
1 oz. Red bell pepper, 1” cubes
1 oz. Yellow or Green bell peppers, 1” cubes
4 Tbsp. Corn Oil
1 oz. Celery, 1” triangular shape
1 oz. Shiitake mushrooms, sliced re-hydrated or fresh
.5 oz. Green onions, bias cut 2”
.5 oz. Cilantro (garnish)
Rice Ovalettes are made from sweet rice flour that is rolled, cooked, sliced and refrigerated or frozen. Blanched weight is about 43 oz. (4 servings per bag) per 1 kg poly bag. Distributed by Jayone Foods Paramount, CA 90723
1. Bring water to a boil in a large 4 quart pot, then add rice ovalettes and loosen them. Blanch for 2-3 minutes until softened. Remove, drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil to prevent sticking.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan at medium heat; add in 2 tablespoons of oil, then spread rice ovalettes evenly over pan. Brown one side of the ovalettes about 3 minutes, then turn ovalettes over and cook another 3 minutes and remove to a bowl.
3. Clean pan and return to burner on high heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, then the bell peppers, celery and shiitake mushrooms. Let peppers sear about a minute before stirring.
4. Add in 1/3 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce, then the rice ovalettes and chopped green onions.
5. Toss to evenly coat the ovalettes.
6. Remove to serving dish and garnish with cilantro.