Classic Sweet and Sour Chicken or Pork
Crispy Battered Chicken or Pork with Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
Classic Sweet and Sour Chicken or pork Recipe
Crispy battered and fried tender chicken nugget or pork, grilled pineapple and bell peppers tossed with Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Gluten Free Sauce
Ingredients: Serves 2
1 C. Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 215)
12 oz. Chicken* breast or thigh, boneless, skinless, sliced 1.5”x1”x1”, marinated (see below)
¾ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354)
8 oz. Pineapple, fresh, grilled, then cut 1” or canned
1 med. Red bell pepper, cut 1”x1”
*Chicken may be substituted with pork or turkey.
1. Char pineapple pieces on grill or in broiler for about 45 seconds and cut into 1” pieces.
2. Coat marinated chicken evenly with Crispy Seasoning Batter and set aside. (Marinate help keep the meat tender and juicy see below.)
3. Just before frying, roll chicken in Crispy Seasoning Batter again to pick up more batter.
4. Deep fry battered chicken at 370°F for 3-5 minutes, remove chicken and refry chicken again when the oil temperature return to 370F until golden and done and use immediately.
5. Refry chicken just before serving.
6. Oil blanch bell peppers in 370°F oil for 10 seconds and remove.
7. Heat a wok (or pan) on medium high heat, add in Hawaiian Sweet & Sour Sauce and bring to a boil.
8. Add in grilled pineapple, oil blanched red bell pepper and fried chicken chunks, and toss with sauce quickly remove and serve immediately.
9. Garnish with green onions or cilantro sprigs.
To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced chicken, dissolve 0.4 lb. (⅞ C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1¼ C. water then mix in 1 C. corn oil. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes or more.