Sesame Chicken with Garlic Sesame dipping Sauce
Crisp fried tender chicken nuggets with sesame sauce
Sesame Chicken with Garlic Sesame Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: Serves 3
1 C. Sesame Sauce (see below)
2 lbs. Chicken breast (or thigh), skinless, boneless, 1” x 1” x ½” thick
1¼ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354)
5/8 C. Toasted sesame seeds, divided
3 Tbsp. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356)
3 Tbsp. Vegetable oil for marinade
3 Tbsp. Water for marinade
1 ea. Red bell pepper, 1” x 1”
4 stalks Green onions, chopped and minced (Save some for garnish)
5 sprigs Cilantro, chopped and minced (Save some for garnish)
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
½ C. Garlic Sesame Marinade & Glaze (Starport 209)
¼ C. Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce ( Gluten Free Starport 215)
¼ C. Rice vinegar
¼ C. Sugar
2 oz. Fried rice noodles for garnish, optional
In a small pot, mix ½ C. Garlic Sesame Marinade & Glaze, ¼ C. Hawaiian Sweet and Sauce, ¼ C. rice vinegar and ¼ C. sugar. Heat sauce on medium heat, boil and reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
Remove and place in a bowl. Before serving, add ¼ C. sesame seeds and 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions.
1. Dissolve 3 Tbsp. of Marinade Seasoning in 3 Tbsp. water then add in 3 Tbsp. oil in a bowl.
2. Add above marinade mixture to chicken pieces, mix well and marinate for an hour or more. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Mix Sesame Sauce as described below and set aside.
4. Mix 1¼ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter, ¼ C sesame seeds, 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro and 1½ C. of water and set aside. Reserve ¼ C. of batter for red bell peppers.
5. Divide marinated chicken into 4 batches. Dip in batter and drop individually into deep fryer to separate nuggets. Fry each batch at 370˚F for 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
6. Just before serving, re-fry each batch for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove and drain.
7. Dip red bell peppers in ¼ C batter and deep fry for 3 minutes just before serving.
8. Plate chicken and red bell peppers on a bed of fried rice noodles. Drizzle with ½ C. Sesame Sauce and garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds. Optional: toss chicken and peppers in sauce, then plate.
9. Serve remaining Sesame Sauce in small dishes for dipping.