Shrimp Chow Mein Recipe
Chinese restaurant favorite chow mein dish
Shrimp Chow Mein with Garlic Sesame Sauce
Another Chinatown blue plate special, shrimp chow mein with pan fried egg noodles, celery, onions and red bell peppers stir fried with
an aromatic Garlic Sesame Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2
½ C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
4 oz. Shrimp, shelled, de-veined medium size
8 oz. Egg noodles, cooked, (approx. 4oz. fresh noodles)
¼ each Red onions, sliced ¼”
2 stalks Celery, sliced ¼” ½ each Red bell pepper, sliced ¼”
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
2 sprigs Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
1. Cook egg noodles according to manufacturer’s instructions. Uncooked weight is about half of cooked fresh noodles.
2. Drain noodles and toss with 1 Tbsp. of oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
3. Heat pan on high heat, when hot, add oil, onions, celery, and sauté about 30 seconds.
4. Add shrimp and bell peppers, sear shrimp for about 30 seconds before stirring.
5. Add noodles and Garlic Sesame Sauce toss noodles until steaming hot and serve.
1. Use steamed egg noodles (thin noodles) to make Chinese restaurant style pan fried crispy noodles.
2. Bring water to boil in a large pot, then add in steamed noodles, stir to loosen noodles about 30 seconds, remove and drain. (Do not overcook the noodles)
3. Toss noodles with 1 Tbsp. oil per pound of noodles.
4. Heat pan (or griddle), spread noodles and brown noodles like a pancake, flip to brown both sides of noodle cake. Top with stir fried ingredients.