Spicy, Sweet and Sour Chicken
The most popular Chinese restaurant dish with an added dimension of taste, spiciness and umami
Spicy, Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
A well blended flavor recipe that satisfies all of your taste buds, chili spicy, sugar sweet, tangy and crisp fried tender chicken.
Ingredients: Family Serving
1 C. Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 215)
6 oz. Pineapple, fresh, or canned, grilled, then cut 1” chunks
1 Tbsp. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356)
12 oz. Chicken breast or thigh, boneless, skinless, sliced 1.5”x1”x1” same for pork
1 Tbsp. Water for marinade
2 Tbsp. Oil, (1 Tbsp. for marinade and 1 Tbsp. for cooking)
1 med. Red bell pepper, cut 1”x1”
2 ea. Jalapeño or serrano pepper, diced (one for mix into batter and one add to sauce)
¼ C. Cilantro, minced for batter
½ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354)
3/8 C. Water for batter
1. Dissolve Marinade Seasoning with 1 Tbsp. water and mix with 1 Tbsp. oil in a container then add in sliced chicken and marinate for an hour more. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Grill and slightly char pineapple to concentrate sweetness, and set aside.(Optional)
3. Batter mix: Add 1 of the diced jalapeno, chopped cilantros and water in a large bowl then add in Crispy Seasoning Batterand mix well.
4. Add chicken into the batter and stir to coat each piece.
5. Carefully drop each battered piece into a deep fryer set at 375F and fry for about 2 minutes then remove. (Chicken pieces will need to be fried again to golden just before serving).
6. Heat a wok or deep pan at medium high heat, add in 1 Tbsp. oil then 1 of the diced Jalapeno and stir-fry for 10 seconds, then add in Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce and pineapples.
7. Re-fry chicken at 375F until golden and done about 3 minutes, shake off excess oil and add into sauce.
8. Oil blanch red bell peppers in 375F deep fryer for 10 seconds, shake off excess oil, and add to chicken in wok.
9. Turn off heat and quickly toss all the ingredients then plate and serve. (Over cooking chicken in sauce will produce soggy chicken.)