Beef stir fry with bell peppers Recipe
Beef stir fried with bell peppers, onions in a rich sauce
Ingredients: for Family Serving
2 Tbsp. Classic Hoisin Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 128)
¼ C. XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217)
2 Tbsp. Red wine optional, water or broth
12 oz. Beef, N.Y. strip steak ½” thick, cubed 1”
½ C. Red onion, sliced 1”x1”
½ C. Red bell pepper, cut 1”x1”
½ C. Green bell pepper, cut 1”x1”
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 250), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322)
1. Marinate sliced beef with 1 Tbsp. Classic Hoisin Sauce and set aside about 30 minutes. (Save 1 Tbsp. for cooking)
2. Heat wok (or sauté pan) on high heat, when hot, add oil and beef. Without stirring, sear beef for about 1 minute.
3. Add red onions, red and green bell peppers and sear about 30 seconds, then stir.
4. Add red wine, sauté for 30 seconds then add in remaining Classic Hoisin Sauce and XOX Teriyaki Sauce.
5. Sauté until steaming hot and serve.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization: For less tender cut meat.
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.