Steamed Chicken with Spinach Rice Bowl Recipe
Steamed chicken, spinach and rice in a bowl
Steamed Chicken and Spinach Rice Bowl
with Garlic Sesame sauce Recipe
A delicious healthy steamed rice topped with steamed chicken and spinach in a garlic sesame sauce.
Ingredients: Single Serving
3 oz. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
4 oz. Chicken thigh or breast, marinated (see below), sliced 1”x½”
6 oz. Spinach leaves
8 oz. Rice, cooked (approximately 2 C.)
1 Tbsp. Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
Other favorite Starport sauces for rice bowls: Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 250), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212) and XOX Sweet Teriyaki ( Starport 217)
1. Marinate chicken (see below).
2. Cook rice per manufacturer’s instructions. Use long or medium grain or par-boiled rice.
3. Steam marinated chicken in a container for about 15 minutes until done (save liquid from steamed chicken).
4. Steam spinach 3-5 minutes and drain excess liquid.
5. Place cooked rice on one side of a take-out bowl or plate container.
6. Place chicken including liquid and spinach along side of rice.
7. Drizzle Garlic Sesame Sauce over chicken, spinach and rice.
8. Garnish with chopped green onions.
For 10 lbs. sliced or diced chicken, dissolve 0.4 lb. (⅞ C.) Marinade Seasoning (GHluten Freee Starport 356) in 2½ C. water then marinate meat for 30 minutes or more.
1. Chicken may be replaced with, beef, pork or shrimp.
2. Spinach may be replaced with other vegetables.