Stir Fry Green Beans Recipe
Green beans stir-fried with ground pork in garlic sesame and black bean sauce
Stir Fry Green Beans with Garlic Sesame and Black Bean Sauce Recipe
A delicious stir fry of green beans and ground pork with an aromatic garlic sesame sauce and fermented black bean paste.
Ingredients: Foodservice Size
3 C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
¾ C. Fermented black beans, dried
2 lbs. Ground pork, or chicken, (marinated, see below)
4 lbs. Green beans, ends trimmed
½ C. Garlic, minced
½ C. Corn oil
1C. Very dry sherry or Chinese cooking wine
1. Marinate ground pork or chicken as shown below.
2. Rinse fermented black beans thoroughly to remove salt and pat dry, crush the fermented beans slightly with the back of a spoon.
3. Mix minced garlic with fermented black beans and 2 Tbsp. oil and set aside.
4. Divide beans into 4 batches and oil blanch green beans in hot oil at 370°F about 30 seconds until wilted. Remove and drain off excess oil. They will look “puckered” – this is the preferred appearance for this dish.
5. Heat pan on medium high heat, when hot, add oil and fermented black beans and garlic mix and stir for 15 seconds, beans and garlic will become aromatic.
6. Add marinated ground pork or chicken and sauté for about 5 minutes until pork or chicken is cooked.
7. Add in dry sherry and mix with meat, then add Garlic Sesame Sauce and stir well.
8. When steaming hot then add in oil blanched green beans, toss and mix well and remove.
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced, ground or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.