Shanghai Cutlet Recipe
Pork Cutlet with tangy and spicy Szechuan sauce
Shanghai tangy and spicy cutlet recipe
Tender pork cutlets battered and crisp fried and topped with spicy Szechuan sauce
Ingredients: Deli Portion (8 single servings)
1 ½ C. Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322)
3/4 C. Sugar
3 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
3 lbs. Pork cutlet, ¼” thick, about 3”x4”
1/3 C. Marinade Seasoning(Gluten Free Starport 356)
1/3 C. Corn oil
1/3 C. Water
3 C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354)
¼ C. Red bell peppers, diced ¼”
¼ C. Yellow bell peppers, diced ¼"
¼ C. Green bell peppers, diced ¼”
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217).
1. In a small sauce pan, heat Spicy Szechuan Sauce, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes and set aside.
2. Dissolve Marinade Seasoning with 1/3 C. of water then add in 1/3 C. oil and marinate pork cutlets for an hour or more.
3. Dice bell peppers and set aside.
4. Coat pork cutlets with Crispy Seasoning Batter evenly. Before deep frying, coat cutlets in batter again.
5. Divide cutlets into 1-pound batches and deep-fry each batch for 2 minutes at 350F.
6. When deep fryer temperature returns to 350F, re-fry each batch of cutlets for another 3 minutes, until golden brown with internal temperature at 160F.
7. Pour on Spicy Szechuan Sauce mixture and garnish with mix color bell peppers.