Beef Steak Stir Fry Recipe
Hot and spicy Szechuan sauce beef steak stir fry
Beef Steak Stir Fry with Szechuan Sauce Recipe
An amazing stir fry for hot and spicy food lovers, tender chunks of steak stir fried with bell peppers and dill in Szechuan sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2
¼ C. Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322)
12 oz. New York Strip Steak, sliced, 1”x1”x½”
¼ C. Red bell peppers, sliced 1” x1”
¼ C. Green bell peppers, sliced 1” x1”
¼ C. Red onions, sliced 1” x1”
2 stalks Green onions, bias cut
1 Tbsp. Baby dill, fresh, chopped, save whole sprigs for garnish
2 Tbsp. Corn oil
2 Tbsp. Red wine
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217).
1. Cut meat and vegetables as shown and set aside.
2. Heat pan on high heat, when hot, add oil, then add beef and sear without stirring for 1 minute.
3. Add red onions, red and green bell peppers and sear about 30 seconds, then stir.
4. Add red wine, sauté 10 seconds then add Spicy Szechuan Sauce or other Starport Sauce and baby dill.
5. Sauté until meat is cooked according to preference.
6. Remove and serve. Garnish with green onions and baby dill.
For less tender cut of meat, it is best to marinate and velvetize the meat as follows.
-Marinating and Velvetizing meat with Starport Gluten Free Marinade Seasoning makes tenderer, juicier and more moist meat.
-Oil-blanching, “Velvetizing” the meat in hot oil cooks all the surfaces simultaneously and seals the juice in, maintaining high yield.
-Velvetized meat is pre-cooked, which expedites re-cooking in seconds for quick “cook-to-order” turn around. It also retains velvety texture even microwave re-heat.
-For oil free meals, marinated meat may be poached in hot water or steamed to create velvety texture.
To MARINATE: For 10 lbs. of sliced, diced or ground meat:
1. Dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) in 1-1/4 C. water then mix 1 C. oil in a bowl.
2. Add to meat, stir and marinate in covered container for 30 minutes or more in refrigerator. Best to make daily batches.
3. To VELVETIZE: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350F in 2-pound batches for 2-3 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160F,
4. Loosen and un-clump the meat pieces. Remove and drain.
5. Set aside or refrigerate for final use.