Vegan Tofu and Mushroom Recipe
Hot and Spicy Vegan Tofu with Kung Pao Sauce Recipe.
Gluten Free Vegan Kung Pao Tofu and Mushroom Recipe
A healthy stir fried tofu and mushrooms with a hot and spicy gluten free vegan Kung Pao Sauce
Ingredients: for family serving
1/2 C. General Kung Pao Sauce (Starport 345 Gluten Free)
8 oz. Tofu, firm, fresh, 1” sq. x ½” thick
1 C. Shiitake or brown mushrooms, fresh, ¼ slices
½ C. Red bell pepper, ¼” sliced
½ C. Red onions, ¼” sliced
1 Tbsp. Green onions, chopped for garnish
2 Tbsp. Corn or vegetable oil
Other vegan and gluten free delicious Starport Sauces for this recipe are: Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten free Starport212), Coconut Curry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 123), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free 127) and Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten free Starport214)
1. Gently squeeze out packing water from tofu. Slice tofu into ½” thick 1’ squares.
2. Marinate tofu with 2 Tbsp. General Kung Pao Sauce 15 minutes or longer.
3. Heat sauté pan at high heat. Add oil, then tofu and let tofu sear 30 seconds. Tofu may be deep fried until golden brown.
4. Add onions and bell peppers, sauté 30 seconds then add shiitake or brown mushrooms, and sauté another 30 seconds.
5. Add General Kung Pao Sauce, stir and remove when steaming hot.
6. Garnish with green onions.