Almond Chicken RECIPE with brown stir fry sauce - Buffet Portion
Stir fried chicken and vegetables with a Gluten Free Brown Stir Fry Sauce
Gluten Free Almond Chicken with Brown Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
A traditional Chinese restaurant menu dish of stir fried tender chicken, baby corns, water chestnuts and mushrooms with a gluten free Cantonese brown stir fry sasuce.
Ingredients: Buffe serving
3 C. Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten free Starport 214)
2 lbs. Chicken thigh or breast, boneless, skinless 1"x 1"x 1/4”, marinated and velvetized
.5 lb. Almonds, sliced, blanched and toasted
1 lb. White or brown mushrooms, 1/4 cut
.75 lb. Red bell peppers, sliced ¼ x 1”
.75 lb. Celery, bias cut 1/4"
1 lb. Water chestnut, sliced canned
1 lb. Baby corns, cut in half lengthwise
.5 C. Green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. Garlic/ginger mixture
.25 C. Corn or vegetable oil
.5 C. Sherry or Chinese cooking wine (optional)
1. Slice chicken into 1”x1’X1/8” thick. Marinate and velvetize chicken following instructions below.
2. Blanch mushrooms, water chestnuts and baby corn in boiling water 40-60 seconds and set aside.
3. Oil blanch red bell peppers at 350F oil 30-40 seconds.
4. Heat wok at high heat, add oil then celery and sear celery 30 seconds.
5. Add velvetized chicken, garlic/ginger and let chicken sear 30 seconds before stirring.
6. Add red bell peppers, mushrooms, water chestnuts and baby corn stir-fry 2 minutes.
7. Add wine and continue to stir-fry another minute.
8. Add Brown Stir Fry Sauce and continue to stir-fry until steaming hot then add in ½ of the almonds. Remove and garnish with green onions and remaining almonds.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.
Garlic and Ginger Infusion Mixture – Adds an extra authentic flavor and aroma to the dish
1. Mince and mix 2 parts of garlic with one part of ginger by weight.
2. Place mixture in a pot and add enough vegetable oil to cover the garlic and ginger.
3. Heat mixture at low heat until boil for about three minutes, place in a close container and refrigerate when cool.
4. Keep unused portion refrigerated, make fresh batch once a week.