Beef and Broccoli Rice Bowl Recipe with brown stir sauce
Stir fried beef and broccoli over steamed rice in a bowl- Gluten Free
Gluten Free Beef and Broccoli Rice Bowl Recipe
A delicious and healthy rice bowl topped with stir fried beef and broccoli with a gluten free Cantonese brown stir fry sasuce.
1/3 C. Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten free Starport 214)
3 oz. Beef sliced 1.5” x ½” thick, marinated and velvetized
1 C. Broccoli florets (3 oz.)
½ C. Onions. Sliced ¼” wide strips
¼ C. Red bell peppers, sliced ¼ x 1” (1 oz)
2 tsp. Garlic/ginger mixture (optional)
1 Tbsp. Corn oil
8 oz. Hot steamed rice
Other delicious Gluten Free Starport sauces for this recipe: Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Coconut Curry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 123) and Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Starport 212)
1. Heat wok, add oil, onions and red bell peppers, stir-fry 10 seconds then add garlic/ginger mix.
2. Stir-fry 30 seconds; add velvetized beef (see instructions below).
3. Stir-fry 1 minutes then add Brown Stir Fry Sauce and continue until steaming hot, Remove and place on top of hot steamed rice in a bowl.
4. May be garnished with chopped green onions.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.
Garlic and Ginger Infusion Mixture
– Adds an extra authentic flavor and aroma to the dish
1. Mince and mix 2 parts of garlic with one part of ginger by weight.
2. Place mixture in a pot and add enough vegetable oil to cover the garlic and ginger.
3. Heat mixture at low heat until boil for about three minutes, place in a close container and refrigerate when cool.
4. Keep unused portion refrigerated, make fresh batch once a week.