Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl Recipe with wok sauce
Stir fried chicken and broccoli over steamed rice in a bowl
Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl Recipe
A delicious and healthy rice bowl topped with stir fried chicken and broccoli with Classic Wok Stir Fry Sauce
1/3 C. Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 250)
3 oz. Chicken breast, sliced 1.5” x ½” thick, marinated and velvetized
1 C. Broccoli florets (3 oz.)
½ C. Onions. Sliced ¼” wide strips
¼ C. Red bell peppers, sliced ¼ x 1” (1 oz)
2 tsp. Garlic/ginger fusion mixture (optional)
1 Tbsp. Corn oil
8 oz Hot steamed rice
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322) and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217).. For vegetarian version: Omit meat.
1. Heat wok, add oil and onions, stir-fry 10 seconds then add garlic/ginger fusion mix.
2. Stir-fry 30 seconds; add velvetized chicken and red bell peppers.
3. Stir-fry 1 minutes add Classic Wok Sauce stir-fry until steaming hot, remove and place on top of hot steamed rice in a bowl.
4. May be garnished with chopped green onions.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.
Garlic and Ginger Infusion Mixture
– Adds an extra authentic flavor and aroma to the dish
1. Mince and mix 2 parts of garlic with one part of ginger by weight.
2. Place mixture in a pot and add enough vegetable oil to cover the garlic and ginger.
3. Heat mixture at low heat until boil for about three minutes, place in a close container and refrigerate when cool.
4. Keep unused portion refrigerated, make fresh batch once a week.