Jerk Lamb Burger Recipe with jamaican jerk sauce
Lamb burger infused with Jamaican Jerk Sauce
Jamaican Jerk Lamb Burger with Mango Creole Cole Slaw Recipe
5 burgers (1/3 lb. each)
¾ C. Jamaican Jerk Sauce (Starport 125 Gluten Free) Save ¼ C. for finished burger
1.5 lbs. Ground lamb, may substitute with other ground meat
3 oz. Onion, diced (½ C.)
1.5 oz. Red bell pepper, diced (1/4 C.)
1.5 oz. Green bell pepper, diced (1/4 C.)
0.5 oz. Jalapeño, red or green finely minced (1 Tbsp.)
0.5 oz. Parsley, chopped (4 Tbsp. divided: 2 Tbsp. for meat and 2 Tbsp. for slaw)
0.15 oz. Mint, fresh chopped (1 Tbsp.)
5 ea. Burger buns
3/8 C. Mango Creole Sauce (Starport 121 Gluten Free)
8 oz. Pre-cut Cole Slaw mix
1 ea. Mango, julienne slice (for slaw)
1 oz. Red onions, julienne slice (for slaw)
1/8 C. Rice or wine vinegar (for slaw)
1 Tbsp. Olive oil (for slaw)
Tomatoes and lettuce for garnish
1. Mix ground meat with ½ C. Jamaican Jerk Sauce, onions, red and green bell peppers, jalapeños, mint and 2 Tbsp. of parsley.
2. Divide and shape meat mixture into 5 patties, refrigerate and set aside.
3. Mix Mango Creole Slaw Dressing with Mango Creole Sauce, vinegar and olive oil and set aside.
4. Combine pre-cut Cole Slaw with red onions, mango and 2 Tbsp. of parsley, then dress with Mango Creole Slaw dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
5. Grill or pan-fry burgers about 3-4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
6. Place burgers on buns and drizzle some Jamaican Jerk Sauce on each patty, then top with lettuce and tomatoes.
7. Serve with a side of Mango Creole Cole Slaw (about 3 oz. each).