Jamaican Jerk sauce Grilled Chicken Recipe
Grilled chicken with Gluten Free Jamaican Jerk Sauce Fusion
Jamaican Jerk Grilled Chicken, plantain and okra Gluten Free Recipe
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken with plantains and okras fusion gluten free recipe
¾ C. Jamaican Jerk Sauce (Starport 125 Gluten Free)
2-8 oz. Chicken breasts, skin-on, boneless
1 ea. Plantains, bias cut ⅛”
4 oz. Okras, rounds, cut ½”
2 ea. Red jalapenos, cut into thin rings
2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
¼ C. White wine, optional
3 Tbsp. Butter or olive oil
1. Marinate chicken with ¼ C. of Jamaican Jerk Sauce and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil for at least 30 minutes (save marinade for basting).
2. Cut plantain in half, slit peel lengthwise, remove peel then slice into ⅛” slices. Deep fry plantain at 350°F until golden, remove and set aside.
3. Trim ends of okras and cut in ½” rounds.
4. Trim ends of jalapenos and cut to thin rings and remove seeds.
5. Heat a grill on high heat, when hot, place chicken with skin side down on grill turn and baste about every 5 minutes with leftover marinade. Cook 20-25 minutes or until done.(160F internal temperature)
6. Chicken may be pre-cooked in oven at 350F until done and finish on grill.
7. Meanwhile heat a sauté pan at medium heat. Add butter and sauté okras until softened about 3 minutes then add jalapeno.
8. Add white wine, fried plantain and ¼ C. of Jamaican Jerk Sauce, mix well and remove.
9. Portion vegetables on plate and dress each chicken breast with remaining Jamaican Jerk Sauce before serving.