Korean Jap-chae Noodle Recipe with hunan and garlic sesame sauces
Popular Korean restaurant side dish
Korean Vegetarian Jap-chae Noodle Recipe
17 oz. Dried sweet potato starch noodles (jap-chae)
10 oz. Onions, sliced
8 oz. Red bell peppers, sliced
8 oz. Carrots, julienned
3 oz. Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
1 oz. Toasted sesame seeds
2 C. Korean Noodle Sauce (see below)
- Garlic Sesame Sauce(Starport 209)
- Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212)
1/4 C. Roasted sesame seed oil
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
Korean Noodle Sauce:
Mix 4 C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), 4 C. Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten free Starport 212) and 2 C. sugar in a pot and slowly heat to 190°F, store in covered container when cool.
Sweet potato starch noodles distributed by Jayone Import, packed in 500 gm (17.64 oz.) – yields 58 oz. when cooked. Also available in 1 kg (2.2 lb.) pack.
1. In a large pot, heat water to a rapid boil, add noodles, stir frequently, boil for 7 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain (noodles will turn gummy when overcooked).
2. Mix noodles and ¼ C. of roasted sesame oil in a hotel pan, toss and mix well. Use kitchen shears to cut and shorten the noodles.
3. Add 1 ½ C. Korean Noodle Sauce and roasted sesame seeds to noodles, mix and toss well. Set aside.
4. Heat pan on high heat, add oil, then onions, carrots, red bell peppers and sauté for 1 minute until hot and crispy. Mix into cooked noodles.
5. Garnish with green onions.
6. Noodles may be served hot or cold. This is a side dish served in Korean restaurants.