Kung Pao Chicken Recipe with kung pao sauce
Spicy and hot Kung Pao chicken gluten free recipe.
Kung Pao Chicken Gluten Free Recipe
Classic Kung Pao chicken with baby corns, water chestnuts and roasted peanuts in a gluten free Kung Pao Sauce
Ingredient List: for 2 servings
½ C. General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345)
12 oz. Chicken, diced boneless, skinless, breast or thigh, marinated and velvetized. (See below) with Marinade Seasoning ( Gluten Free Starport 356)
½ C. Red onions, diced ¼” (3 oz.)
½ C. Red bell peppers diced ½” (3 oz.)
½ C. Water chestnuts diced ¼” (3 oz.)
½ C. Baby corns ½” long (3 oz.)
¼ C. Roasted peanuts, Chopped (1.5 oz.)
¼ C. Green onions, chopped garnish
¼ C. Vegetable oil
1. Marinated and velvetize chicken as described below with Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356).
2. Heat wok or griddles at high heat, when hot add oil.
3. Add onions and sear the onions for 10 seconds, then add bell peppers, water chestnuts and baby corn, sauté about a minute.
4. Add velvetized chicken and sauté about a minute.
5. Add General Kung Pao Sauce mix well and sauté until steaming hot.
6. Remove and garnish with peanuts and green onions.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.