Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe with spicy orange sauce
Stired fried Chicken with Mandarin Orange Recipe
Gluten Free Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
This wonderful Marinade orange chicken is stired fried, not deep fried like the traditional orange chicken.
Ingredients: Serve 4
1.5 C. Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127)
1.5 lbs. Chicken breast, sliced ¼”x1”x1”, marinated and velvetized (see below)
½ C. Water chestnuts, sliced
2 ea. Red bell pepper, sliced ¼”
2 ea. Green bell pepper, sliced ¼”
½ ea. Medium onion, sliced ¼”
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
1 lb. Mandarin orange segments, canned
1. Cut, marinate and velvetize chicken (see below).
2. Heat pan (or griddle) at high heat, when hot; add oil, onions, and sauté 30 seconds. Then add garlic and chicken. Before stirring, sear chicken for 1 minute, then sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Oil blanch red and green bell peppers 10 seconds in deep fryer then add to wok.
4. Add water chestnuts and Spicy Orange Sauce, sauté until steaming hot.
5. Remove and garnish with Mandarin orange
Chicken Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced chicken, dissolve 0.4 lb. (⅞ C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1¼ C. water, then add 1 C. corn oil. Mix well and marinate chicken for 30 minutes or more.
2. To velvetize: Oil blanch chicken in deep fryer at 350°F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clumping the chicken pieces with tongs. Chicken will NOT be fully cooked. Remove and drain.
3. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate until ready to use. Make batch daily.