Classic Spicy Orange Chicken Recipe with orange sauce
Spicy Orange Sauce Chicken with Infused Chili Oil Recipe
Classic Spicy Orange Chicken with infused Tangerine peels and Chili oil Recipe
A traditional spicy orange chicken with a touch of hot, sweet and bitter infused oil with gluten free orange sauce.
½ C. Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127)
6 oz. Chicken breast, or thigh, boneless, skinless, sliced 1”x1”x1/2”, marinated and battered
¾ C. Crispy Seasoning Batter (Starport 354) 2.5 oz. Red bell peppers, sliced, 1”x1”, (1/2 C.)
2.5 oz. Green bell peppers, sliced, 1”x1”, (1/2 C.)
2 oz. Water chestnuts, sliced, canned, (1/3 C.)
2 oz. Onions, sliced, 1”x1”, (1/2 C.)
2 Tbsp. Infused Chili Tangerine Oil (see recipe) Optional
1 slice Orange, peeled and sliced for garnish
1. Marinate chicken using Marinade Seasoning, see instructions below.
2. Coat chicken evenly with Crispy Seasoning Batter and set aside.
3. Just before frying, roll chicken in Crispy Seasoning Batter again to pick up more batter.
4. Deep fry battered chicken @ 370 F, about 2 minutes. Remove and let oil re-heat to 370 F, then refry chicken another 2 minutes until golden and done. Remove, drain off excess oil and set aside.
5. Oil blanch red and green bell peppers and onions in 370F oil for 20 seconds. Remove and drain off excess oil.
6. Heat a sauté pan then add 2 Tbsp. Infused Chili Tangerine Oil (optional). See pdf recipe for infusion oil, otherwise use corn oil, and Spicy Orange Sauce. Let sauce boil and reduce slightly, then add in water chestnuts and sauté 20 seconds.
7. Add in oil blanched red and green bell peppers and onions, stir, and then add in fried chicken. Toss and coat chicken evenly. Remove immediately and plate.
8. Garnish with orange slice.
1. For 10 lbs. sliced or diced chicken, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) in 1-1/4 C. water then add in 1 C. oil. Mix well and marinate meat for 30 minutes or more.