Pad Thai Noodles & Shrimp Recipe with kung pao and sweet & sour sauces
Pan Asian Thai favorite Pad Thai Noodle Recipe
Pad Thai Noodles with Shrimp Recipe
3/8 C. Pad Thai Sauce (see mix below)
4 oz. Shrimp, shelled de-veined (60 count)
6 oz. Rice noodles, medium wide re-hydrated
1 oz. Red onions, sliced ¼” (¼ C.)
1 oz. Thai basil, sliced ¼”
3 oz. Bean sprouts 2 C.
1 oz. Green onions, 2” bias cut
¼ C. Water
1 tsp. Roasted peanut crushed
1 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. Corn oil
Garnish with lime wedge
Note: Starport Foods no longer produces Thai Peanut Sauce because of our nut free production facility.
The mix of Kung Pao Sauce, Sweet and Sour Sauce, creamy peanut butter and fish sauce makes a delicious substitute.
To make Pad Thai Sauce:
4 C. General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345)
4 C. Sweet & Sour Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 215)
2 C. Fish Sauce
4 C. Peanut butter, smooth
Mix well cover and refrigerate.
1. Soak rice sticks in warm water about an hour until softened. Rinse and drain then add 1 Tbsp. oil to about 2 lbs. of noodles to prevent clumping, cover and refrigerate.
2. See instruction below in mixing Pad Thai Sauce.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. oil to hot griddle or wok and sear shrimp for 1 minute then add onions. Sauté 30 seconds, add rice sticks then 1/2 C. water. Cover and let rice sticks steam 1-2 minutes until noodles become soft and translucent.
4. Add Pad Thai sauce, basil, and ¾ of the bean sprouts (save some for garnish) toss until steaming hot.
5. Add green onions (save a few pieces for garnish) toss well and remove.
6. Garnish with remaining green onions, bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, cilantro and a lime wedge.
This recipe uses medium wide rice sticks, thinner rice sticks may be used and it cooks in lees time. However, different brands required different cooking time it is best to test the cooking time for the brand you use. dles and brown noodles like a pancake, flip to brown both sides of noodle cake. Top with stir fried ingredients.