Shellfish with black bean garlic sesame sauce Recipe
Delicious Asian appetizer recipe
Shellfish with black beans in Garlic Sesame Sauce Recipe
Delicious stir fried combinations of shellfish with earthy fermented black beans in an aromatic garlic sesame sauce
Ingredients: Family Serving
½ C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
2 Tbsp. Fermented black beans, dried
6 oz. Mussels (about 4)
10 oz. Clams, Manila
1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil (or butter)
½ C. Dry sherry
2 ea. Stalks of Green onions, bias cut 2”
1 ea. Red jalapenos, thinly sliced
3 oz. Red onions, sliced
1. Wash and clean mussels and clams, drain and set aside.
2. Rinse fermented black beans thoroughly to remove salt, pat dry, and crush the beans slightly with a spoon.
3. Slice red onions, and red jalapenos and bias cut green onions 2” long.
4. Heat pan at medium high heat, add oil or butter, then fermented black beans, and garlic. Stir for 15 seconds.
5. Add red onions and red jalapenos, stir 10 seconds.
6. Add wine, clams and mussels, stir well, cover and cook another 30 seconds.
7. Add in Garlic Sesame Sauce and sauté until all the clams and mussel are opened, discard any unopened shells.
8. Serve with rice or garlic bread