Wok Seared Steak and Leeks Recipe
Beef steak stir fried with bell peppers and leeks.
Wok Seared Steak and Leeks with Garlic Sesame Sauce Recipe
Easy stir fry recipe with tender chunks of steak, red bell peppers and leeks in an aromatic garlic sesame sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2
1/4 C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209
12 oz. New York strip steak, strips, 1”
3 stalks Leeks, use white part only, sliced lengthwise into strips, ¼” wide
1 ea. Red bell pepper, strips ½”x2”
3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
Other delicious Starport sauces for this recipe: XOX Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217), Classic Wok Sauce (Starport 250), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127), General Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345), Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322)
1. Cut and marinate steak with 1 Tbsp. of Garlic Sesame Sauce and 1 Tbsp. olive oil about 15 minutes or more.
2. Cut and discard green part of leeks and slice leek heads into ¼” wide strips.
3. Cut red bell peppers and set aside.
4. Heat a wok on high heat, when hot, add oil. When oil just begins to smoke, lay steak strips in wok evenly without stirring. Sear for 45 seconds on one side.
5. Add in leeks and bell peppers and stir.
6. Sauté about 2 minutes for medium rare (cook longer according to preference).
7. Add 3 Tbsp. Garlic Sesame Sauce, let sauce reduce slightly and caramelize then remove and serve.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization: For less tender cut meat.
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.