Lunar new year Twice Cooked Pork Recipe
Traditional Lunar New Year Dish, Hot and Spicy Pork
Twice Cooked Pork with Szechuan Sauce Recipe
An amazing rich stir fried pork dish with bell peppers and leeks with a touch of Southeast Asia of fish sauce and spicy Szechuan sauce.
Ingredients: 6 oz. of fried pork/serving (about 12 servings)
4 C. Spicy Szechuan Sauce (Starport 322)
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Fish Sauce
5 lbs. Pork butt boneless, 2x1x10 strips
½ C. Marinade Seasoning (Starport 356)
½ C. Water for marinate
½ C. Oil for marinate
½ C. Leek, sliced round per serving
½ C. Red bell peppers, strips 1/4x2 per serving
½ C. Green onions, bias 2” long per serving
6 oz. Fried Pork, sliced 1/8” thick
1 Tbsp. Oil for stir fry
¼ C. Pork Sauce mix
Other delicious less spicy Starport sauces for this recipe: Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209), Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127) and XOX Teriyaki Sauce (Starport 217).
1. Mix Spicy Szechuan Sauce, sugar and fish sauce in a pot and slowly bring it to a boil. Remove and place in a covered container and set aside. (Pork Sauce mix)
2. Cut pork, vegetables, and portion vegetables then set aside.
3. Dissolve ½ C. Marinade Seasoning in ½ C. water, add in ½ C. oil then marinate pork for at least an hour or more.
4. Deep fried marinated pork strips at 375F about 5 minutes until internal temperature reaches 170F., remove and let cool.
5. Sliced cooled fried pork into 1/8” thin slices.
6. Heat wok or griddle at high heat, add pork, stir fry pork about 30 seconds then add in portioned red bell peppers and leek.
7. Stir fry 30 seconds then add in Pork Sauce mix, stir well then add in green onions.
8. Stir fry 20 seconds and remove.