Thai Chicken Wrap Recipe with a sweet and spicy sauce
Pan Asian Recipe of Thai Peanut Flavored Chicken Wrap
Pan Asian Thai Chicken Wrap Recipe
Ingredients: for 10 Thai Wraps
1 C. Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce (Gluten free Starport 215)
1 C. GENERAL Kung Pao Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 345)
1 C. Peanut Butter, smooth
½ C. Fish sauce
2 lbs. Chicken, strips, marinated and velvetized, see below (3 oz. per wrap)
10 oz. Bamboo shoot, julienne (1 oz. per wrap)
10 oz. Onions, sliced ¼” (1 oz. per wrap)
5 oz. Carrots, julienne (.5 oz. per wrap)
2.5 oz. Red bell pepper, sliced ¼” (.25 oz. per wrap as salad)
10 oz. Cabbage, shredded (1 oz. per wrap as salad)
1 oz. Green onions, chopped (.1 oz. per wrap, garnish)
3 ea. Lime, cut into 4 wedges each for garnish
10 ea. Tortillas, flour large (10.5” dia.) Keep warm
2 Tbsp. Corn oil
Note: Starport Foods no longer produces Thai Peanut Sauce because of our nut free production facility. The mix of Kung Pao Sauce, Sweet and Sour Sauce, creamy peanut butter and fish sauce makes a delicious substitute.
Thai Wrap Sauce – Mix Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce, General Kung Pao Sauce, smooth peanut butter and fish sauce in a pot and slowly bring to a boil in low heat, then poured into a covered container, refrigerate and use as needed.
For 10 wraps use 1-1/4 C. of sauce to cook the filling. (2 Tbsp. per wrap)
1. Heat griddle at high heat, add oil then onions, toss-fry 20 seconds. Add in carrots, bamboo shoot and velvetized chicken.
2. Toss-fry until hot, then add in 1-1/4 C. Thai Wrap Sauce, Remove and keep warm.
3. Making wrap: Place ¾ C. of filling lengthwise on tortilla along with ½ C. shredded cabbage and 1 Tbsp. red bell peppers. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of Thai wrap sauce on salad. Garnish with 1 Tbsp. green onions and wrap into a burrito.
4. Serve Thai Wrap with a wedge of lime and Thai basil as an option.
Gluten Free Marinade Seasoning Velvetization Process -Marinating and Velvetizing meat with Starport Marinade Seasoning makes tenderer, juicier and more moist meat. -Oil-blanching, “Velvetizing” the meat in hot oil cooks all the surfaces simultaneously and seals the juice in maintaining high yield. -Velvetized meat is pre-cooked, which expedites re-cooking in seconds for quick “cook-to-order” turn around. It also retains velvety texture even microwave re-heat. -For oil free meals, marinated meat may be poached in hot water or steamed to create velvety texture.
Meat Marinade and Velvetization:
1. To marinate: For 10 lbs. sliced or diced meat, dissolve 0.4 lb. (7/8 C.) Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport 356) with 1-1/4 C. water and 1 C. oil.
2. Mix well then add meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. May be covered in a container and refrigerate overnight.
3. To velvetize: Oil blanch meat in deep fryer at 350 F in 2-pound batches for 60-80 seconds, un-clump the meat pieces, remove and drain off oil.
(Oil blanching seals the juice in the sliced meat surfaces and can be quickly reheated in the wok or griddle make cook-to-order fast.)
4. When cool, place in covered container and refrigerate, use as needed. Make batch daily.