Vegan Kung Pao Tofu Recipe with kung pao sauce
Spicy and hot Kung Pao Tofu and Shiitaki mushroom Rice Bowl Gluten Free Recipe.
Vegan Kung Pao Tofu rice bowl Gluten Free Recipe
Delicious and healthuy vegan Kung Pao tofu and shiitaki mushrooms over steaming hot rice in a gluten free Kung Pao Sauce
Ingredients: 2 bowls
1/2 C. General Kung Pao Sauce (Starport 345 Gluten Free)
14 oz. Tofu firm (1 pack), ½” cubes
4 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms
4 oz. Red bell peppers, ¼ x 2”
4 oz. Onions, sliced
4 C. Steamed rice
1 oz. Green onion, chopped for garnish
2 Tbsp. Corn or vegetable oil
* Other delicious Starport gluten free sauces: Brown Stir Fry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 214), Coconut Curry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 123), Spicy Orange Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 127) and Spicy Red Hunan Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 212).
1. Heats a non-stick pan, add oil then tofu and brown tofu 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove when tofu is browned.
2. Add oil to heated pan then red bell peppers, onions and shiitake mushrooms, spread out evenly and let it sear 30-40 seconds without stirring.
3. Add browned tofu back into pan and sauté about a minute and add in General Kung Pao Sauce sauté until steaming hot.
4. Serve in a bowl with rice and garnish with green onions.