Singapore Curry Tofu and Rice Noodle Recipe in coconut curry sauce
Tropical Singapore Curry Tofu and Rice Noodle Recipe - Gluten Free
Gluten Free Vegan Singapore Curry rice noodle Recipe
Smooth tropical Singapore curry with a hint of coconut stir fried with tofu and rice noodles.
Ingredients for single serving:
¼ C. Coconut Curry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 123)
4 oz. Tofu, firm 1”x1”x1/2”
6 oz. Rice noodles, re-hydrated (2 C.)
¼ C. Red bell peppers, sliced ¼ “ x 2”
¼ C. Red onions, ¼” sliced
1 C. Bean sprouts, fresh
2 Tbsp. Corn or vegetable oil
1/4 C. Water, vegetarian broth
.5 oz. Green onions, cut into 2” long
1. Soak rice noodles in warm water about 30 minutes until softened, drain well. Re-hydrated weight is about double dried weight.
2. Cut tofu and vegetables.
3. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat; add 1 Tbsp. oil, then tofu, do not stir tofu and let brown about 1 minute.
4. Add 1 Tbsp. Coconut Curry Sauce and sauté tofu 10 seconds, remove and set aside.
5. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to hot wok or griddle, then onions and red bell pepper. Sear onions and peppers about 30 seconds.
6. Add re-hydrated rice noodles, toss with onions and peppers then add 1/4 C. water or vegetarian broth to noodles.
7. Loosen noodles; add tofu, bean sprouts, ½ of the green onions and remaining 3 Tbsp. Coconut Curry Sauce. Toss rice noodles until steaming hot, and remove.
8. Garnish with remaining green onions.