Gluten Free Tofu and
Rice Noodle Salad with coconut curry sauce
Vegan fusion curry rice noodle and tofu salad
Vegan Gluten Free Coconut Curry Tofu Rice Noodle Salad
Gluten free fusion vegan tofu and rice noodle salad with coconut curry sauce.
Ingredients: Single Serving
¼ C. Coconut Curry Sauce (Gluten Free Starport 123)
4 oz. Rice noodles
4.5 oz. Tofu, medium firm, cut in triangles
1.5 oz. Carrots, julienne (soak in ice water)
2 oz. Soy beans “Edamame” shelled, frozen ready-to-eat
1 oz. Snow peas or Sugar Snap Peas bias cut in half
2 oz. Green cabbage, thinly sliced
½ tsp. Ginger, fresh, minced
1 tsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
1 tsp. Green onions, chopped, for garnish
1Tbsp. Corn oil
1. To REHYDRATE rice noodles: completely cover the DRY RICE NOODLES with warm water and soak for 30 minutes, then drain in strainer.
2. Boil water in a large pot. Add rehydrated rice noodles to the pot of boiling water. Stir occasionally. As soon as the water boils again, quickly remove the rice noodles to a strainer. Immediately rinse rice noodles with cold water to halt cooking. Drain off excess water and pack in covered container or portion pack and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Bias cut snow peas into 2 pieces, then blanch in boiling water about 20 seconds. Remove to an ice water bath to halt cooking and maintain color.
4. Take frozen soy beans, thaw slightly, rinse in cold water, drain and set aside.
5. Remove the block of tofu from container and gently press out excess water. First cut the tofu block diagonally into 4 thick triangular pieces (an “X”), then horizontally cut each thick triangular piece into 3 thin triangular pieces.
6. Mix garlic, ginger and oil then marinate the tofu for 10 minutes. Heat a non-stick pan and brown each side of the tofu about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
7. Drain iced julienne carrots and snow peas and pat dry.
8. Toss rice noodles with carrots, snow peas, soy beans and cabbage then place on plate. Decorate noodles with tofu, and then drizzle Coconut Curry sauce over the salad and tofu and garnish with green onions.