Vegetarian Chow Mein Recipe
Chow Mein with Spaghrtti noodles instead of Asian egg noodles
Vegetarian Chow Mein with Spaghetti Fusion with garlic sesame sauce Recipe
Transforming spaghetti into a amazing fusion chow mein with stir fried bell pepper, onions, celery and bean sprouts in a Garlic Sesame Sauce.
Ingredients: Yield 4.5 lbs. Deli Serving
2 C. Garlic Sesame Sauce (Starport 209)
2.4 Lbs. Spaghetti, cooked (1 lb. dried spaghetti yields about 2.4 lbs. after cooked) Options: Dried or fresh Asian style noodles
1 C. Red bell peppers, sliced (5 oz.)
2 C. Celery, sliced (8 oz.)
2 C. Onions, sliced (10 oz.)
3 C. Bean sprouts, fresh (14 oz.)
2 Tbsp. Garlic-ginger fusion (See below)
¼ C. Green onions, chopped for garnish (1 oz.)
6 Tbsp. Corn oil
1. Cook spaghetti per manufacturer’s instruction until al dente. Drain well and toss with 2 Tbsp. of corn oil. If not used immediately, cover and refrigerate.
2. Season cooked spaghetti with ¼ C. Garlic Sesame Sauce, coat and mix well.
3. Heat griddle or wok at high heat, add 2 Tbsp. corn oil, spread spaghetti on griddle and let brown, 2-3 minutes. Turn spaghetti over and brown the other side, just like cooking pancake. Remove when both sides are browned and crispy.
4. Clean griddle or wok and add 2 Tbsp. corn oil. Add onions, celery and red bell peppers, spread evenly on griddle or wok, do not stir, and let sear 20–30 seconds. Add garlic-ginger infusion then stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
5. Add browned spaghetti, toss with vegetables. Mix well, and then add in 2 C. Garlic Sesame Sauce.
6. Add in fresh bean sprouts, toss well and remove.
7. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Garlic and Ginger Infusion Mixture
– Adds an extra authentic flavor and aroma to the dish
1. Mince and mix 2 parts of garlic with one part of ginger by weight.
2. Place mixture in a pot and add enough vegetable oil to cover the garlic and ginger.
3. Heat mixture at low heat until boil for about three minutes, place in a close container and refrigerate when cool.
4. Keep unused portion refrigerated, make fresh batch once a week.