Thanks for visiting us again
Please see our new delicious products and recipes
Contact us about our new Korean BBQ and Wing sauce and a new spicy general tso sauce
New Gluten Free Hot and Sour Soup Concentrate and recipes
A dark brown, liquid Hot and Sour Soup Concentrate with the traditional balance of vinegars and spices. Make delicious and easy regional Hot & Sour soups! 1:10 dilution with water for most soups.
Water, Distilled Vinegar, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Salt, Sugar, Hydrolyze d Corn Protein, Safflower Oil, Sesame Oil, Spices, Modified Corn Starch, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative). Contains: Soy.
1/2 gallon, Net weight 47 oz.UPC 789902-151644
Hunan Hot and Sour Soup Gluten Free Recipe
½ C. Hot and Sour Soup Concentrate (Starport 164 Gluten Free)
5 C. Water
6 oz. Pork strips, marinated, 1/8”x1/8”x 1”
½ Tbsp. Marinade Seasoning (Gluten Free Starport356)
2 oz. Mushrooms, sliced (Shiitake or white)
4 oz. Tofu, firm, drained and diced ¼”
3 oz. Bamboo shoots, sliced 1/8” match sticks
1 ea. Egg, raw, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp. Oil for sautéing meat.
1½ Tbsp. Cornstarch mixed with 1½ Tbsp. water
½ C. Green onions, chopped for garnish
Pork may be substituted with ground meat, chicken, shrimp, and imitation or fresh crabmeat. For vegetarian version: Omit meat, crabmeat and egg and add more tofu or mushrooms.
1. Dissolve ½ Tbsp. of Marinade Seasoningin ½ Tbsp. water then add in ½ Tbsp. oil and marinate meat at least 30 minutes and set aside.
2. Dice firm tofu to ¼” cubes. (Cut tofu slab into eight ¼” slices. Cut each slice into three lengthwise strips. Cut each strip into eight cubes.)
3. Slice mushrooms, and cut bamboo shoots into matchsticks.
4. Slightly beat egg and set aside.
5. Mix 1½ Tbsp. cornstarch with 1 ½ Tbsp. water and set aside.
6. Measure 5 C. water and set aside.
7. Heat wok or large pot on medium high heat, add oil then pork strips and sauté about three minutes, then add in 5 C. water, stir and bring to a boil.
8. Add in sliced mushrooms, diced tofu and bamboo shoots, stir gently and cook until boiling.
9. Stir cornstarch mixture and slowly add into pot, stirring constantly.
10. Slowly pour in egg into soup in a stream. Gently stir soup in one direction when egg forms into a cloud. (Stirring while adding in scrambled egg will break up the eggs too much and make the soup cloudy).
11. Add in the Hot and Sour Soup Concentrate and remove from heat as soon as the soup comes to a boil. (Over-cooking Hot and Sour Soup Concentrate soup reduces the sourness of the vinegar).
12. Option: more water may be added to soup to adjust desired hot and sour flavor.
13. Garnish with green onions and serve.